Wednesday, January 26, 2005

New Earth Time

I stumbled across this on one of the blogs I read. At first I was like, degrees??? wth!! So I clicked on the funny looking time which took me to the site it came from.
"Earth is now a place. In the future, as we are more connected to another, this is place will need a new common language of time. New Earth Time or NET, is a proposed global standard time which measures the global day with 360 Degrees. NET runs right along side your local time. You can act locally in your time and globally in NET time."

Interesting way of looking at time I would say. Here's how it works.

1. There is one NET worldwide. It is 240° NET in Tokyo, Beijing, Delhi, Moscow, London, New York, and Los Angeles at once.

2. The NET day begins on longitude zero at Greenwich, England. This is fully compatible with Universal Time, and our existing calendar. 12:00 UTC is 180°NET.

3. NET is a 360 / 60 / 60 system. A day divides to 360 degrees, 60 net-minutes, and 60 net-seconds.

4. Each NET degree is exactly 4 minutes long. There are exactly 15 degrees every hour.

That's it. Simple enough (I think..lol). Link is available below if you want to read more about NET.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home