Monday, January 17, 2005

Bathroom Reader

Today was last minute shopping day. I have an aunt leaving to fly back home and I had to get some stuff to send with her for my mom. As we went store hopping, I came across those Page-A-Day calendars and found one that was interesting. There were several to choose from but I found this one interesting. "Uncle John's Bathroom Reader - 365 Days of Fascinating Facts and Offbeat Information by the Bathroom Readers' Institute" ... I didn't know there was such a thing as a Bathroom Reader's Institute..lol.. anyway, i was browsing through it and they weren't kidding about the Facts and Offbeat Information. Here's the one for Today, since it's Martin Luther King Day...I guess they found it a fitting one for the day..

"Martin Luther King Jr was actually born Michael Luther King. His father, Michael Sr changed both their names in 1935 in honor of the 15th-century Protestant reformer.

When King won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964, he was the third American, the second black man, and the youngest person ever to receive the prestigious award."


I'll be posting a few more from time to time so come back for more "OffBeat" information.. lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home