Friday, January 14, 2005

This Game Kicks Ass

Browsing around.. again, as I usually do and read more about Halo 2. I've played the first one. Haven't finished it yet though but it is a very cool game. I know, some probably are wondering why I'm into shooter games. It's a frustration outlet for me especially on those days where I'm really in one of my "don't come near me" days. (can't you tell that describes my really bad days? lol). I'm still playing Halo when the Halo 2 Limited Collector's Edition was being sold as a pre-order item. I didn't waste time. Ordered it and have it!. It came in November. The most I've done with it is watch the DVD that it came with on how they made Halo 2. It was not a waste of time watching it as it shows the hard work put into making a console game.

Bored on a Friday night.. yes.. bored..I decided to surf the net and see what new games were being reviewed and stumbled across this article on Halo 2.

****

Halo 2 Limited Collector's Edition
By Hilary Goldstein

November 8, 2004 - It's this simple: Halo 2 is the best game on Xbox. If you own the system and you do not own Halo 2, you are a chump. I don't care if you have Xbox Live or not, without Halo 2 your Xbox's existence has no meaning. While Halo 2 is not perfect in every aspect, no other Xbox title does so much so well. From the unparalleled sound to the fast-and-fun gameplay, Halo 2 maximizes the 'box's hardware to create one hell of an experience. To properly describe the sensation of playing through the single-player campaign would require numerous joyous expletives (what can I say, I love to cuss). Do I love it? Yes. Will you? Yes. Is it everything I could have hoped for? And more.


IGN reviewed Halo 2 on Sunday. However, Halo 2 comes in two forms. While you can purchase the standard edition and enjoy one of the great first-person shooters of all time, there is an alternative for dedicated fans. Those who choose to spend an extra $5 can purchase the Halo 2 Limited Collector's Edition, which includes an extra disc, packed with bonus content. Because Halo 2 holds such weight and importance in the world of Xbox, we felt it appropriate to offer a separate review of the Collector's Edition.
Before I continue my Halo 2 love shower, I should note that I am not a Halo fanboy. Yes, I liked the original, played through it four times, but it's not one of my favorite games of all time -- it's not even my favorite Xbox game. Halo 2 is a different matter. Though the core gameplay remains the same, it's the multiplayer that sets this at the top of the console food chain. I don't care what scores Halo 2 receives from others and I don't care how those scores compare to a game like GTA: San Andreas -- in my opinion, this is the best console game of this generation.

I do have problems with Halo 2. There are plenty of technical issues visually with texture pop-in and some framerate issues in the cut-scenes, I think the game ends strangely, and there's no online co-op campaign. Despite these and other small problems, Halo 2 still feels more polished than the majority of games released on any console and is a true cinematic experience.

Damn, this game kicks ass.

****
Go to IGN.com to read more about Halo 2 and view the demos for the game. Are you ready to kick ass????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home