Friday, August 10, 2007

Addendum to the Joys of being a Travel Consultant...

I'm sure you all have had situations where there's an emergency and you need to get the first available flight. Emergency being a death in the family, or a relative in the hospital. I've gotten several calls of this nature with is normal but there's a catch to this story.. here goes...

(again, the conversation/s below are after the usual greeting) Let me set the timeline.. for this, let's set it for today, August 10.

Them: "I need a flight to Manila. It's an emergency. my mother just passed away." Me: "ok ma'am. how soon did you want to leave? tonight? tomorrow?" Them: "Can you check Tuesday?" If it's an emergency... why wait for tuesday? they won't get there until Thursday morning.

Them: "I need fares for a group." Me: "How many people will there be?" Them: "TWO"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home